Thursday, January 7, 2010

DAY 7 Millionaire Possibilities

Today was good, we attended the Millionaire Possibilities meeting here in Okc.  I want to express how important it is to stay surrounded with people of like mind!  I'ts so easy to get down on your self or to be negative, especially when the world around you is, that's why meeting's like this are so very important.
The road to success, what ever that may be for you, is hard enough by it's self, when you add in negativity from the world or people around you it can be seemingly impossible to keep going.  Having at least one place where you can go to get the positive input and reinforcement you need is a must and that's what this meeting alway's does for me.
It's great to be around people who are thinking, saying and doing the same things I am working on and who can give you the advice and inspiration needed to carry on with your dream.

They say, you are who you hang around.  I never really put much thought to that until I started hanging around the right people, I have to say, it does make a difference.
We have been to this meeting before but for one reason or another we stopped going.  I am glad that we started the year off on the right foot and got plugged back into the right crowd.
This group is a local meeting of investors and landlords who come together to share information and ideas to help each other grow their businesses!  It is a great thing to have and wonderful to watch people come together with a common goal in mind and to work together, especially since that kind of team work rarely seems to happen in the business arena.
I've had a simular goal to bring people together on a regular basis and teach them about money and how to invest it.  Investments can take many different forms and most people don't know even the basics, for instance, instead of getting a tax refund as a worker, why not save that money and earn interest on it yourself before you pay it in to the government.  If we pay taxes in the normal fashion we are essentially giving uncle sam a free loan on our money.  Simply changing this one thing could give most people some income to start investing with.
I for one am doing everything I can this year to make my money work for me instead of me working for it.
Going to meetings like this always get me excited again and thats exactly what I needed since our recent set back during the first meeting of the year.  This meeting helped me get focused again on the things I need to do in order to get this business off the ground and make it profitable.
I am excited to know that there are others out there right now doing real estate deals and making money with it in this economy and right here in my own city.  Sometimes, just knowing that it's possible is not enough, one needs someone to look up to, someone to show you how it's done as an example and thats what this meeting provides.
Another good thing about taking this action tonight and going to the meeting is the people we meet that we can network with on future deals.  These are all people in our industry that have the knowledge and experience we need to be successful and they are all whiling to help.

I'm happy to get back to the basics and do the things I know that work.  We met some great people tonight and also re-connected with others.  One thing I know that will help me on the road to becoming debt free this year is to wholesale properties.  In fact, this one strategy alone can pay all my bills and raise the capitol I need to do some deals on my own without using anyones else's money.  I am all for using other peoples money but it does cut down the amount I can make on a deal and its going to be nice in the future to not have that problem.
I am going out this week to find some properties to wholesale and then run the numbers and use the contacts we got from the meeting tonight.  I can't wait to get started!  I already have some good ideas of where to go now and its just a matter of time before we have our first deal in hand and get paid on it.
Once I get the first deal done and actually have the money in hand I know it will simply be a matter of time before I do it again and that's how I'm going to become debt free this year!

until the next day comes......

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Funnell Away Challenge Week #1

Mission #1 Offer Hacking This 30 day program is so exciting!!   Russell Brunson and his team is showing us the secrets of online marketin...