Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Sunday comes again!

Easter Sunday sure came quick again this year, I can’t believe so much time has gone by already. Time is passing quickly this year and it’s all I can do to keep up. While I am enthused about the things I have already accomplished I can’t help but feel like somethings missing. My plan to become debt free by June 1st has gone through several changes, one of which, was writing daily in this blog. I haven’t hit my goal of daily postings but I’m proud that I have kept it going this long. For most people writing a blog is one of those new years resolutions that comes and goes quickly, but for me, it’s here to stay. I may not have reached my daily goals but I am going to keep going anyway.

I think one of the things that make’s people successful in life is the ability to think positive and to keep going in spite of what’s happened in the past without beating themselves up and that’s what I intend to do with this blog. I wish I could say that I am farther along with it than I am, however, I think the consistency is the important thing here, not unlike most things in life.

Having a six month goal to become debt free may seem like an unrealistic goal to most people, but for me, it’s entirely doable. I admit that I should be closer to the goal than I am but there is still time and when you figure in the real estate possibilities that exist out there right now accomplishing this goal is still possible.

I think one of the keys to success is to keep going in spite of the circumstances. My plan has changed somewhat due to many things, one of which was the weather. Here in Oklahoma we were hit pretty hard this year with snow as were many throughout the United States and while it did slow me down on the Real Estate side of things, it gave me time to work online.
While the online ventures have not produced the desired result yet I know it’s just a matter of time as long as I stick with it.

I have learned a lot of things this year about the internet, one was how to set up email marketing campaigns. I had always heard about it but had no idea how complicated it was to create. There are many things to think about that one doesn’t see behind the scenes, such as, setting up thank you pages and confirmation emails. I have also learned that it is more professional to have your own domain and website but I am trying to do all of this without one.
I know it’s not as professional looking but I am curious to find out how far I can go using all the free tools and online resources I can find. I understand the importance of being credible in the publics eye’s but I also see that there are many resources available if one will only use them and since I have no money to spend on this project I thought it would be fun to see how far I can go without spending a penny on hosting or domains. I know it’s smarter in the long run but I can’t help but think about the fact that I am still here, sharing information with you even though it may be a cheaper version and not as effective. It is still amazing to me that I can even do this, sitting here sharing my thoughts with the world knowing that people I never met are reading this and maybe getting something good out of it, and for me, that’s the entire goal.
It’s true, I would like to make money at this and in fact that’s one of the goals here but I also want to connect with people and be a sort of positive showing in this negative world.
It’s so easy for all of us to get down on ourselves when things don’t turn out the way we would like which is why I think it’s important to come together and share with each other in order to stay inspired and help each other out in any way we can.
I also know that the things I am writing about may not be the most fun, I mean, this sort of content doesn’t generate the kind of response most marketers are looking for but I don’t care, it means something to me and that’s why I am doing it. My hope is that someone will get something good out of it, that will make it all worth while.
The trick for is me is how do I share my goals and thoughts while at the same time providing good content that people will not only enjoy but which also may help them along their own path while at the same time providing some sort of income to pay me for my time.
I don’t want everything in my life to be about money and when it comes to blogging, I do it because I enjoy it, but I do want to provide useful information that will help people and if I can find a way to do that and also earn at least a small income the I feel everyone wins.
The Win Win concept is dear to me, in fact, I plan to think and do business that way on every level, including real estate.
I once heard that if you give people more then they bargained for they will always come back for more and you will never be short on customers! That’s how I want to live my life, giving back more than I take. So, for the moment, my goal with this blog is to give out some inspiration when I can while providing some useful information such as how to market online while providing links and info that may help people out. If I can provide good help not only through content but through the links and offers on this site then I feel I have done my job especially if those links and offers don’t cost you any money.

So far, everything I have done with this blog is designed to offer useful products through the use of free services. I do this through several venues, one of which is the Blastoff Network, a free useful service and website that is completely free and a great resource. It helps you find the online shopping deals you need while paying you on every purchase and it’s a completely free service! There are also many other great uses for it such as the free Hulu player, news, games and social networking plug in apps that really are a help when your in a hurry. They have done a great job of bringing everything on the web into one place while offering a free way to actually get paid.
Some of the other services I promote are also all free. There is Geostring, a free networking service which pays you $10 free just for signing up with the ability to make much more as you spread the word.
Then there is my new favorite one, PeopleString. This free service actually pay’s you to surf the web! Clicking on all the things you normally do like facebook or email can actually earn you a profit!
I also offer some of the normal things that do cost money such as the Amazon product links, they cost you money and I don’t earn anything unless there is a purchase made but I figure lot’s of people shop there anyway so why not make it available just in case. I may be talking about a book or video for instance and if they were going to look it up and buy it anyway then way not offer them a link on my site, this way they might get a discount and I would make some money on the sale. The goal with this idea is to have things available even though it’s not my main source of income. What I am trying to say is that my goal was not to sell them a book from Amazon, I was just trying to give out some inspiration but I realize they might want or need that and if they were going to buy it anyway and I was the one who inspired them then why not make something for my time even though that sale was not the goal for writing that particular article.
I am not saying that I don’t want to make money online, of course I do, making money online is something that I have always wanted to do but my goal is find ways to do it while giving people good content and inspiration along the way.
One thing I love about this is that most of the offers I am promoting are all free! They are also good resources and helpful in daily activities.
I like that fact that I can offer free resources that actually put money in people pockets while providing the income I need and this idea is different than most. Most of the time we are used to people taking money out of our pockets in order for them to gain, but with this method, I can actually put money in your pocket before I get anything in return! To me, this is the perfect win win solution and it’s exciting that I can even do it this way!
I also like the fact that I have found a way to provide this kind of payback by using all free products.
This blog was free, google is hosting it, the programs I am providing are also free and they pay you money back on things you are already doing!
So, not only am I offering great products using free services that are all free and actually put money back into your pocket but I am also using free methods to promote them!
This way everyone wins! Even the people who host my blog are winning because the of the traffic I drive to my blog makes them more valuable.

So, I may not have hit my real estate goal this year yet and time may seem to be slipping by, I am excited that I am actually able to sit here and share some thoughts with you that at the very least may be some inspiration and positive input for you, but I am doing in all in a free fashion while at the same time offering you all different ways to make money by using free services!

To me, this whole process has been worth it so far, even though it looks like hitting my goal may be harder then I thought, I am happy that I have not let things stop me this year from continuing on.

I will leave you with this thought, if I can continue offering free information using free resources to not only spread the word but to also make you money while at the same time possibly earning some myself for the effort, I ask you, what’s wrong with that? To me, it’s an amazing thing and to think that this all came about because I stuck to my goal even though it doesn’t seem to be going the way I wanted it to yet, I know that it’s just a matter of time!

I wish you all well, hope you had a good Easter Sunday, I know I did!

Once again, this is Magic Mike Coffee saying....Live your Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Funnell Away Challenge Week #1

Mission #1 Offer Hacking This 30 day program is so exciting!!   Russell Brunson and his team is showing us the secrets of online marketin...