Monday, April 12, 2010

New computer hardware here I come

I've been waiting for my chance to get a new system for a long time and now I think I may just "dive in". It's no secret my current machine's inadequacies slowing me down is hindering my success. I do many things online, most of them simultaneously, so I need a system that can handle the load.
 
Computer prices are drastically cheaper these day's, especially if your building your own. I'm not the hardware expert but with the help of some friends I may just give it a try. It's hard to decide though because buying a "ready made" is so easy and cheap these day's.
 
I also prefer a laptop due to it's mobility, plus, most of them are plenty powerful these days. I'm leaning towards a desktop this time because of my current home setup. Since I'm running multiple s monitors (5 min) and applications simultaneously, I'm trying to decide if I should have one specially built for that purpose.
 
Ultimately I would prefer to have both a desktop and laptop that work together so I can still be mobile while having my "control center" setup at home, but the funds just are not there.
I'm thinking having a desktop would do me just fine for now with a laptop upgrade to come later.
I also need a faster internet connection, while I like crickets prices, I'm simply doing to much on line to be slowed down.
The extra price is worth it for me at this point because the time I would save waiting for things to load would translate into more productivity.
 
I don't have much to spend but at this point any thing has got to better then what I have now. At least I haven't let it slow me down, it may be hard to get things done and take a lot longer then I would like but at least I'm making the most out of what I do have.
It's funny, often I see my friends machines and dream of the day when I can have one. It amazes me how they don't seem to realize the power at their finger tips, here they are with all this hardware just to play games. Don't get me wrong, I love video games but the thought of what I could build with those tools that could bring in an income for life boggles my mind.
To me, the thought of spending some time to use these tools to bring in the kind of income that can earn me the money I need to stay home and play video games all day long if I want to.
It just seems sad to me that we all seem to think of making money as a hard thing to do. I guess that's just how we have been programmed to think, go to work, come home, watch t.v., go to bed, tomorrow start over again.
It's a vicious cycle that I aim to break! It's not the money I want but the time! Yes, I want my time back! I'm tired of spending 80% of my time with negative people and still not having enough to pay the bills.
It would be different if I was actually making enough to do something cool with, like build my own castle to live in or sleep on my own island at night after work, but right now, all I get to do is work, sleep and watch the bill collectors run of with all my money. Sad to say the least. It's ok though, things are looking up, I'm continuing with my blog, learning the internet and now hoping to amp things up with a proper machine.
I think once I get to actually spend some time working in a more efficient fashion while using the proper tools that I can finally get things rolling in the direction that I have always dreamed!
 
If you have any idea's on what kind of machine I should buy then please let me know. For now, I am taking it slow and evaluating all my options but I can always use some advice!
 
Until the next time, This is Magic Mike Coffee saying..Dream big!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Funnell Away Challenge Week #1

Mission #1 Offer Hacking This 30 day program is so exciting!!   Russell Brunson and his team is showing us the secrets of online marketin...