Wednesday, April 3, 2013

one year lived

Heyyyy Michael,

Through a series of links, I just came upon your blog, and I have an idea.

My new book, One Year Lived, is coming out on April 22nd. It is the narrative of my one year trip around the world. I mustered cattle. I volunteered with children. I went scuba diving. I grew a mullet. I fought bulls. I made love on a beach. Etcetera.

More interesting than the fact that this was the most amazing year of my life, though, is that I spent less on my year abroad than I would have spent if I stayed home.

A few years ago, for my first book, Scratch Beginnings, I was featured in the New York Times, Christian Science Monitor, the New York Post, the Atlantic, on the Today Show, CNN, Fox News, NPR, 20/20, 147 radio programs, and blah, blah, blah. My publicist expects similar exposure with the release of this next book, and with that kind of clout coming to your blog, I'd love to work with you on its release. What if…

·         I send you the full PDF of One Year Lived.

·         You post about it however you'd like.

·         You give away the eBook (for free) to any of your readers who comment on the post. (Or any other kind of incentive you'd like to use.)

This is good for everybody: I get online exposure through your blog. Your blog gets engagement (and people sending along the link to your site to their friends). Your readers get something for free. We all go to the beach to sip on sangrias.

More importantly, though, there is some quality content here to unearth, and there are some important issues that can be discussed on your blog. I represented some pretty specific spending tactics to be able to save for this trip, and I carried that frugality with me during this year.

The bottom line is this: in a world that wants to take your money from you, it is essential that people are smart; that they make educated decisions about how to spend their money; and that they still manage to enjoy their lives in the process.

So, this is more than, "Hey, Michael! Help me promote my book!" This is an opportunity to provide quality content to your readers, and thus create interesting discussion, and I'd like to help do that.

Anyway, I'm attaching the press release here (for your eyes only, please) as well as the PDF of the essay in the book about how I afforded this trip. If this sounds like an endeavor you'd be interested in, let me know. (Likewise, if you're not interested, let me know that also, please, so I can move along to someone else.) J

Cheers!

Adam

1 comment:

  1. Thanks adam, sounds great!! Lets do it! Nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete

One Funnell Away Challenge Week #1

Mission #1 Offer Hacking This 30 day program is so exciting!!   Russell Brunson and his team is showing us the secrets of online marketin...